1. Name and contact details of the controller
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of data by:
Irene Jagsch (previously Irene Laux)
Rechtsanwältin & Dikigoros (Attorney at Law)
Sworn Translator for the English and Greek
language at the 1st District Court of Munich
Maximilianstr. 2, 80539 Munich, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 89-7007 42 14 Fax: +49 (0) 89-999 533 417
2. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting my website
When visiting my website www.bettertranslations.de, information is automatically sent to my website’s server by the browser used on your terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected, without any action on your part, and stored, until automatically deleted:
• the IP address of the inquiring computer,
• date and time of access,
• name and URL of the accessed file,
• the website, from which the access was made (referrer URL),
• the browser used and, if appropriate, the operating system on your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
Such data will then be processed by me for the following purposes:
• ensuring smooth connection establishment of my website,
• ensuring comfortable use of my website,
• assessing system security and stability as well as
• for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of data is Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR. My legitimate interest relies on the above-mentioned data collection purposes. Under no circumstances will I use the data collected, in order to draw any conclusions regarding you.
The processing of data for the purpose of contacting me is subject to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR based on your voluntary consent or, as the case may be, on my legitimate interest in replying to your request under Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
b) Processing of personal data, when you sent an email to me
You may contact me by sending an email to the email address email@example.com, which is mentioned on the website. This email address primarily serves the purpose of communicating with me, in order to initiate a new contract or to communicate during any such contractual relationship already existing. By way of email you may transfer a variety of data to me. Usually, with your email you will transfer to me, due to technical reasons, among others, your email address and your IP address as well as any other information that you include in such email yourself. All data sent to me this way will be stored in the email inbox on the server of my email provider and also locally on my computer(s). The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1)(b) and (c) GDPR. If you contact me by email, in order to exercise your rights as a data subject, the legal basis for the processing of data will be Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR. If you send any special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9(1) GDPR to me (e.g. health data), the legal basis for the processing of data will be Art. 6(1)(b), Art. 9(2)(f) GDPR. If you contact me, in order to initiate a new contractual relationship, but such relationship was not established, I will delete all relevant communication, as soon as the legal grounds for storage have ceased to exist and provided that there are no legal retention duties. If you contact me to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, I will delete all relevant communication, as well, as soon as the legal grounds for storage have ceased to exist and provided that there are no legal retention duties. The provision of such personal data is not mandatory according to the law or any contract. However, the provision of such data may be necessary to conclude a contract, though you are not obliged to provide any personal data. However, if you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to conclude a contract. There is no obligation to conclude any contract for either of us.
3. Sharing of data
No sharing of your personal data with third parties for any purpose other than those mentioned below will take place.
I will only share your personal data with third parties, if:
• you have given me your explicit consent according to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR;
• sharing is according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have any overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data;
• it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation according to Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR, and
• it is permitted by law and it is, according to Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR, necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
On my website cookies may be placed. These are small files created automatically by your browser and stored on your terminal device (laptop, tablet, smart phone etc.), when you visit my site. Cookies do not cause any damage to your terminal device; they do not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or any other malware.
The cookie contains information deriving in each case from to the specific terminal device used. However, this does not mean that I thereby immediately gain knowledge of your identity.
Apart from that, temporary cookies are, again, used to optimize user-friendliness. These cookies will be stored on your terminal device for a specific pre-determined period of time. If you re-visit my site, in order to use my services, it will automatically recognize that you have visited before and which input and settings you have made, so that you do not need to re-enter the same information again.
The data processed by means of cookies are necessary to protect the legitimate interests pursued by me and by third parties according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser, so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notification appears, before a new cookie is placed. However, if you fully deactivate cookies, you may not be able to use all functions of my website.
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
• demand access to your personal data that are processed by us, according to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may obtain information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data, where they have not been collected by me, as well as on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if appropriate, demand meaningful information about the details thereof;
• to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the completion of your personal data, which is stored by me, according to Art. 16 GDPR;
• to obtain the erasure of your personal data which is stored by me, provided that processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, according to Art. 17 GDPR;
• to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data, where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and I no longer need the personal data, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, according to Art. 18 GDPR, or you object to processing, according to Art. 21 GDPR;
• to receive your personal data, which you have provided to me, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another controller, according to Art. 20 GDPR;
• to withdraw your consent provided to us at any time, according to Art. 7(3) GDPR. This will have as a consequence that we are no longer entitled to process data based on such consent, and
• to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, according to Art. 77 GDPR. Generally, you may to this end refer to the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or your place of work or the seat of my office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests under Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right, according to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data, to the extent the objection is based on grounds relating to your particular situation or you object to processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by me without reference to any particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, you just need to send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Data security
During your website visit, I use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This will usually be a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, 128 bit v3 technology will be used instead. You may recognize whether a specific page on our website is transmitted in encrypted form, if you see a locked key or, as the case may be, a lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from that, I have appropriate technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures will be continuously improved according to technological development.
8. Updates and changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently applicable and is dated May 2018.
Due to further development of my website and offers thereon or due to amendments of legal or, as the case may be, regulatory requirements, it may be necessary to change this Privacy Statement. The latest Privacy Statement may be found on and printed from this page.